I wanted to do this post on July 29 but of course I didn't get to it that day, or the next , or even the next. So here it is Aug. 1 and I am able to sit down and blog again. This is our new addition who is doing the same thing right now that she is doing in this picture. A year ago on the 29th I was in the hospital having a D&C and it was hard for me to imagine that in a year I would be blessed with a healthy baby. All I could think about was that maybe we were only meant to have one child, or if we did get pregnant the age difference between Addison and the new baby would be so big that they would never be close. It was really hard for us I think because we took for granted how perfect things went with my pregnancy with Addison. I eventually realized that I had to have faith and trust in God and whatever he saw in our future was for the best. I remember one of my friends saying that it isn't hard to have faith and trust in Him, but it can be hard to have patience. I took this to heart and did my best to be patient. Now a year later he has blessed our family with Carsyn Greer Baird. She arrived on July 18 at 4:48 pm and looks nothing like her sister or me. Steve gets to take the credit for this one. The age difference I was so worried about has been perfect. Addison is old enough to help and eager to, she is patient when I am not able to meet her needs right away, and best of all she wants to love on Carsyn all the time. So for the most part the adjustment has been pretty smooth. I know it may sound cheesy but I really feel like we have come full circle. We had to experience loss to bring us to the joy and happiness we feel today. I am very thankful that God has blessed us again.
Fo' Yo' Info
10 years ago











7 comments:
Hey hey,
I just wanted to say hey and I love these 2 pictures of Carsyn..I miss yall! I can't wait to see yall in 2 weeks! Love yall
We're so happy that ya'll had a safe pregnancy and delivery. She is absolutely adorable...just like her big sis!
I love reading your blog and seeing the new baby pics! It is great to see how everything works out the way God intended it and I am so happy for your family!
She is just precious! I am so happy for you and Steve. When's number 3 coming? lol! J/K!!!
Cara, Steve, Addison and Caryson too, I love you all so very much and I am so incredibly proud of you all. It is such a blessing to know and love y'all. I think you are right, if you do have faith, God can be great!
TL
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! for little Carsyn's arrival into this crazy world!!
Post a Comment