Can you believe Addison is 6? I can't! Really I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that I have been a Mommy for six years. I can't even remember what is was like before she was here. Truly I don't know what Steve and I did in the evenings before kids, and baths, and books, and Hannah Montana. Everyday I love her more and more and every day she amazes me at how smart she is and how much she loves school, and how much like me she is. She was very specific about what kind of party she wanted- a zebra stripe/ hot pink theme at the gymnastics center. So I set off looking for the decorations and figuring out what to do about a cake. I was very lucky to have a co-worker who use to own a cake business so I convinced her to come over and "help" me. Addison had the best time helping with coloring the fondant (I know this is not spelled right). My mom was able to come into town and all of the friends Addison invited were able to make it to her party. It was 10 days before her actual birthday so Steve and I saved all of our gifts until her birthday. I am pretty sure all the kids had a great time. We were the only ones in the the gym so they had free run on the equipment and inflatables. All the parents were very hopeful that their kids would nap long and hard that afternoon. On Addison's actual birthday we went to eat at Logan's (her request) and then came home to open her gifts from us. While we were at dinner I asked Steve if he thought in ten years we would be giving her a set of car keys. I know it is still far off but if the years go by as fast as they have it will be here before we know it. Right now though I will just enjoy her being 6 and wanting to drive her battery operated car and worry about the real thing when the time comes. In honor of Addison and the way far off 10 year anniversary of her turning 6 her are 6 things that haven't changed about her since she was born and 10 things that have. I also put a slide show up of her birthday celebrations. 1. She still sleeps with her now very ragged pink blanket. 2. She still very much LOVES to wear A LOT of jewelery 3. She still is very much a people pleaser. 4. She still wants to sit back and observe a new situation before she jumps in. 5. She still has to have her sleep- to many late nights in a row become a disaster for her. 6. Pink is still as much her favorite color as it was when she was two. 7. She has become a very good reader. 8. She is SASSY and this is what usually results in her being sent to her room. 9. She is around 48 inches tall 10. She has become a VERY picky eater- eating peanut butter sandwiches for over half her meals. 11. She likes to fix her own hair. 12. Her favorite music is Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, and George Straight. 13. She has mastered her bridge kick over in gymnastics and is very proud of herself. 14. She would rather take a shower now instead of a bath. 15. She no longer has her fused tooth. 16. She is into peace signs and anything with a zebra stripe pattern.

No comments:
Post a Comment