Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Punkin' Patch

I know I have blogged before about fall and how I love this time of year. I honestly daydream about the cool crisp air, being in a fleece blanket with something good on TV , baking pumpkin pie because I know it is Steve's favorite, and picking out pumpkins with my girls. Sometimes I imagine that I'll have a house in one of the New England states (random I know but in my head I picture the house Susan Sarandon lived in in the movie Step-mother) where they really get the beautiful color on the trees. (We know this will never happen because I am as far as I'm going to get from my Mom and Dad). I think about being back home and driving down the hill near my parents and the leaves are falling off the trees and hitting the windshield, the smells off the fair, the Irmo Okra Strut, and Boones in the Barn. Sadly for Steve football is not something that evokes the feelings of fall for me. :) We have been for five years to Burt's Pumpkin Patch in the North Georgia Mountains and every year it make Fall official for me. All the pumpkins, the hay ride, the smell of the pumpkin bread brings all the above mentioned to the surface and that's when I know the season has begun. This year was wonderful! Carsyn was old enough that she enjoyed being amongst the masses of orange spheres- banging on them, licking them , and cruising from one to the next. Addison always enjoys this trip- she picked two pumpkins and one funny looking gourd. The hay ride with the talking pumpkins is her favorite part. Our neighbors the Kents, and two other couples joined us this year. It rained just a little while we had our picnic lunch but other than that it was perfect. We missed our neighbors the Scofields and the Shirleys that weren't able to go with us. We look forward to going next year and hope that Baby Lucca and Baby Lucy will get to join in on the fun. Enjoy our pictures from the Punkin' Patch.

3 comments:

TL said...

We missed y'all too. Burt's didn't feel the same for us without sharing it with y'all.
Glad to see y'all had a great time.

Beth said...

I love these pictures! Such cute girls, such enormous pumpkins, and so much orange!

Anonymous said...

You guys are making beautiful memories with the girls! Maybe next year we can join you guys again. I really enjoyed it the year we went with you.