Sunday, October 18, 2009

High 5



Five years ago today this little person entered this world at 2:51 pm and it hasn't been the same since. Everybody tells you all these things about how it will be when you become a Mom, how you will feel , how they grow up too fast , how to pick your battles, breastfeed , and the best brand of diapers. Until you have a child none of this really hits home. I remember a week or so after we brought Addison home I would think what if I can't protect her what if something happens and I can't do anyhting about it. To this day this terrifies me to no end. When I say protect her I'm not just talking about physical harm but all the painful htings you have to go through to become the person you are. I can't do anything about the the boyfriend that will break up with her, the team she won't make or the girls that will hurt her feelings. Until you are a Mom the depth of these emotions can't be explained. I for the life of me can't imagine how my parents slept at night the week my firends and I were at the beach without any adults. I can totally understand the knot my Mom had in her stomach the night Kerri and I were out until 4am during a horrible thunderstorm. I know Addison is just turning 5 today and it will be awhile before any of these situations come up but don't you realize 5 is half of 10 and ten is half of 20!

It is crazy but sometimes I think to myself what did Steve and I do with our time before she came along ( and then her younger sister). Sure we got to lay in bed to 10 am if we wanted. I didn't cook if I didn't feel like it and we had a bigger nest egg in the bank but I wouldn't trade my life today for that. As I think back to October 19 2004 and how HUGE I was and how surprised I was that my child had a head full of jet black hair, I am so thakful that God picked me to be her Mommy and that she has made me a better person. She is such an awesome little girl. She has gotten green behavior marks everyday at pre-k (This must wear on her a little becasue we get some sas at home ). She has taken on the role of big sister better than I could have hoped for, she loves all things arts and crafts and playing school. She still loves painted toenails and fingernails with all her jewls but doesn't mind helping Steve cut the grass. She loves to fix her own hair in the morning complete with ponytail and 5-6 hair clips- it is really a sight :) Happy Birthday ADDY B!!! I love you - MOMMY


Addison's Favorite Things

Favorite Food- peanut butter only sandwiches

Favorite Hobby- painting, drawing , and coloring

Favorite Activity- Having words spelled out so she can write them

Favorite Song- anything Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus

Favorite Color - pink and purple

2 comments:

Kerri Roberts said...

sniff sniff

is all that goo really necessary???
jk- she'll love this one day!
see ya soon

Anonymous said...

Just read this today! Too busy last week for any computer time. Your log is sooo... sweet. And yes, I am crying! God knew that this beautiful little girl(and Carsyn)needed a wonderful mother like you!