Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lil' Mama Got a New Pair of Shoes

That''s right Sunday we headed to Stride Rite and got Carsyn her first pair of shoes. Size 31/2, white with pretty pink and green flowers on them. Steve was excited because they weren't the ole timey looking boots like Addison got. I guess because it is Summer they don't have the "boot" looking shoes- you know the ones that back in the day parents use to take and have bronzed. We had a hard time getting them on Carsyn's feet because she kept wanting to point her toe. Other than the soft Robeez(she would hardly keep this on her feet) she hasn't had any type of shoe on at all. To be honest I don't think the child has ever really worn socks- even when it was cold out as soon as she could pull them off she would and it was a constant battle. We finally had to stand her up and let her weight flatten out her foot. She has gotten a lot better this week and now doesn't seem to mind them. Her are some pics of her getting her first pair of kicks. I really didn't mean for that last line to rhyme.

2 comments:

Kerri Roberts said...

Oh I remember those days....fun! All that money on "good" shoes and now both my kids wear crocs which can't be good for their feet! And yes, even in the 2 year period btw Gralynn and Gaines, they came out with really cool kicks--I'm sure now they have shoes that even we would wear.

Anonymous said...

Now you're ready for her to take off and walk OR run!