Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our week in Review

Just in case you all were wondering what we have been up to, here are the activities that have taken place at the Baird household. Steve has been working 12 hour plus days and that has really been it for him. I went zip lining over the trees on Saturday with some girlfriends of mine. I am super proud of myself because I am terrified of heights but managed to muster up the courage to complete the course.
It was actually a lot of fun and I would go again. None of the pictures came out clear enough for me to share. Sunday the same girls that flew across the trees with me came over to help keep my office managers twin grand kids that are 9 months old. It was really a circus at my house. We were all worn out but it was fun to take on the challenge. Addison has been a big help to me around the house. We are having a bit of an issue about her stalling bed time. Last night she told me she needed to read the magazine- the People magazine. She also decided that she wanted to wear big girl panties to bed. She drinks a lot of water through the night so I was little hesitant about it but I cut off all liquid around 8pm and made her go to the bathroom twice before bed and the was dry the first night but last night she had an accident so we have decided to hold off a little longer - or at least work on it with a pull up on. Addison also informed me that I am "very white and need to go to the tanning bed." At lest she's honest! Carsyn has been a little stinker this week. She squealed so loud at Ryder on Sunday that it made him cry, she took part of an oatmeal pie from a child that is older than her during snack time at school (the teacher was right there and took it away but not before giving her a little sample) and crawled underneath our china cabinet and got stuck. I was loading the dishwasher and she was crawling around. I honestly didn't think she could get under it but she did and when I raced over to get her she wouldn't turn her head to the side so I could pull her out. I honestly started to panic a little but I got her out she was free of any major injuries. So this is what we have been up to . Steve's work schedule will start to slow a little so I'll have an extra pair of eyes and hands.

2 comments:

robin said...

Steve has GOT to be exhausted! Good for you & conquering that zipline! I bet it was fun! That Addison & her People... she's an addict. :) And sounds like Carsyn clearly knows what she wants.

you have such a cute family. i miss you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got Carsyn out injury-free. I would have freaked out on that one!