We had a fantastic fourth! Steve and I were both off on Friday and Addison insisted on going to school for her "July" party so I decided to send Carsyn and Steve and I could have a date day. I did feel a little guilty at first but we gos so much done. I had forgotten what it was like to be able to get in and out of the car with out undoing and redoing car seat buckles- we were able to get in out of stores in no time. We went shopping for birthday presents, Steve got a hair cut, we picked up party supplies for Carsyn's birthday party, went to Wal-mart, the pharmacy, the bank and had lunch that not once involved picking up toys or napkins thrown on the ground, moving drinks or salt and pepper shakers from little hands, or having to take somebody to the bathroom just as the food arrived. It was wonderful but by 2 I was ready to pick up the girls so we could get ready for the fireworks. When we got home we had a little time to spare and Addison decided she wanted to make "July flags". (She thinks the only time people should display the American flag is in July. Kind of like when she points out Christmas lights that are up after Christmas she does the same with the American flag.) Being the child of an educator I saw her flag making as a perfect history lesson. I taught her that there are 50 stars that stand for the 50 states in the USA and that the reason we celebrate on July 4th is because America decided we wanted to be independent from England. So far she has retained this info but says we wanted to be different from the country" English". Close enough! We had a great time at the fire works with Steve's mom and our awesome neighbors The Shirley's came with their kids. Saturday we headed to Macon to celebrate our niece Caroline turning one. My sister-in law and her husband have a huge zero entry pool in their neighborhood so we played in the pool for most of the afternoon. We had cake and ice cream and sang Happy Birthday before heading back home. I'll have to admit I am tired and a little overwhelmed because we leave for the beach on July 10. I have started packing and for everything I cross off my list I think I add two things on it. I do tend to over pack but I'm always afraid I'll be without something. Anyways- hope everyone had an awesome fourth and hope you enjoy the sideshow of ours.
Fo' Yo' Info
10 years ago














No comments:
Post a Comment