After the fourth it was back to Georgia to get packed and ready for the beach. I started packing as soon as we got back and all day on Monday the 5th. By the time we were all loaded up there wasn't room in the car for an ant. I am so bad about over-packing but you never know what you may need. So we headed out on Friday the 10th and we were beach bound. We had a great week at the beach and in typical fashion for my kids Carsyn didn't warm up to the beach until the very last day. We had our yearly July birthday bash for 7 people who have birthdays in July ( Steve, Carsyn, and myself are included in this group). It was nice to just hang out with my family and I have long traded my nights of going out to the clubs in Myrtle Beach for just a nice cold beer on the dock with my family. Here is a slide show of our week at the beach that by the way went by way to fast!
Notice I am the one opening all of her gifts. She opened the first one and then wanted to get back in the pool. She had no interest whatsoever about the pretty bags and wrapped presents. It was her party so I let her do her thing. Thank you to everyone that helped us celebrate! July was over before I knew it. I always feel like when we get back from the beach Addison's birthday and Halloween are here in the blink of an eye. I wish I could just slow things down a tiny bit. Addison starts Kindergarten on Friday August 6 so we are preparing for that both physically and emotionally. I really haven't had any breakdowns yet but I'm sure when I drop her off the floodgates will open. I will post pictures as soon as I can and I'm trying to think of a clever post for a 2 year update on Carsyn. It is a daily thing with her now as far as words and her budding personality. Hope everyone as had an awesome summer!











No comments:
Post a Comment