Monday, August 16, 2010

It is Official

Addison has started Kindergarten and is a Ithica Titan.  Her first day was Friday August the 6th and we all made it through with not many tears.  We went to open house the night before and learned that she would be in Mrs. Langford's class also known as the Ladybug class. This tickled her pink because we had already decided that her outfit the first day would be her ladybug outfit- I guess it was destiny :)  We all went the first day and I knew that if she did OK I would do OK. I had already had just a few minor breakdowns so I hoped it was out of my system.  We waited at the front for Addison's BFF Olivia and while we were waiting we found Trey a little boy that was at MLA with her since they were little.  The 3 of them somewhat stuck together all through Pre-K. We all headed to the Kindergarten hall together and I think that helped ease Addison's nerves a bit.  We dropped Olivia and Trey off at their classes and then took Addison to hers.  She sat in her seat and started coloring her Ladybug and didn't even turn around to say goodbye.  That has been almost 2 weeks ago and she loves it more and more everyday that she goes.  I am so excited  for her and I hope that her enthusiasm continues long past the Ladybugs!

No comments: