Monday, December 21, 2009

Jam Packed

What a great weekend of Christmas celebration we had! Addison had her Christmas party at MLA and because I only work half days on Friday I was able to go. The kids were SO excited and did a great job with the songs they learned. Here is a snippet from one. There was a ton of sweets and then the boys and girls drew numbers and exchanged gifts. One Mom even made pillows for each child and gave them each a gift. It made me jealous just a little that I don't have the time to do things like that. ( We are working on that though- after the first of the year I will be doing some serious job hunting- hopefully for just part time work :)

Saturday we celebrated Christmas at Audrey's. We played our usual roll the dice /open a gift with gloves on game. I won again this year - a gift card to the Olive Garden Yummy! Addison enjoyed passing out gifts , Caroline enjoyed tearing the paper, and Carsyn just wanted to sit in Audrey's lap and watch all the commotion. Carsyn did come home with a pair of these and it cracks us up to see her wear them. Watch the clip below.

I sent her to daycare on Tuesday in these shoes and told them I packed her tennis shoes just in case the squeaking was making then lose their sanity!

Sunday we head next door for a Polar Express party. Complete with hot chocolate, jingle bells, and the jolly man himself. The Scofields arranged for Santa to come and visit the Legacy Lake kids early- I guess they are all on the nice list! It was wonderful. I am learning more and more that Steve and I are very lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful neighbors who are also becoming wonderful friends. There are 4 families with 2 kids each and an even split of boys and girls. Who knows we may all be in-laws some day:)

We are off to Columbia today after Steve's company Christmas party. I am really lookinf forward to spending some time with my family and eating some good food. I know Addison is going to be so excited Christmas morning and I hope Carsyn gets in a on the action just a little more.

One more clip I wanted to show is Carsyn going down the stiars. Sh eis nowhere near as cautious as Addison and asa result a few weeks ago she took a tumble down the stairs. I guess she learned her lesson becasue now this is how she gets down them. She will even get down on her belly about five feet away from the stairs- I guess just making sure now that she isn't in danger of falling. She can really move fast down them

Here is a slide show from this weekends events. Enjoy and Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Kerri Roberts said...

looks like much fun! I miss having neighbors/friends and lots of kiddos for mine to play with :(
BUT...glad you have some :0)
Can't wait to see you guys soon.