Monday, February 23, 2009

Fantastic February

What a great month this has been. Steve and and I helped a friend celebrate his 40th birthday with a 70's themed party that was a blast, we celebrated Valentine's Day at the Circus, Carsyn was baptized, and this Friday Steve's mom turns 60 and retires. We have celebrated a bunch in February. The circus was great! The last time we went Addison was almost two and the show wasn't that great. I was a little worried but it ended up being awesome and Addison had the best time. Her favorite part was the people dressed up as flowers at the end. This past weekend we went to SC and Carsyn was baptized at my home church. It means a lot to me because it is the same church where I was baptized and married. The minister married Steve and I , baptized Addison and also baptized Carsyn. My dad was the assisting elder which really made it special. Four years ago when Addison was baptized the assisting elder was the same man that assisted when I was baptized. They each had someone that means a lot to our family. Carsyn napped right until it was time to go to the front of the church so she was in a great mood and did wonderful. at the very end when George was holding her up and announcing that she had been officially welcomed into the church family she gave the biggest smile. I wish had my camera but I guess that wouldn't have been appropriate. Afterwards went to my parents house for lunch and to celebrate my grandparents, my aunt ,and my sisters birthday. I appreciate so much all of my family coming to help celebrate. It really was a special day for Steve and I as we introduce Carsyn to Jesus and do our best to raise her to become a wonderful Christian. I also need to tell my parents thank you for helping prepare everything and letting us make a mess of their house. I wish we could have stayed longer to help clean up. This Friday we will celebrate Steve's mom s retirement and 60th birthday! I know she is excited to have her working days behind her. I hope everyone enjoys the slide shows.

No comments: