Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Jack's House


Over Memorial Day weekend we went on a much needed mini vacation to Orange Beach. Orange Beach is in LA or lower Alabama as I have learned living in Georgia. It is a bit different than the SC coast that I grew up going to but I enjoy it all the same. Steve's boss has a condo there that he has let us use the last two years. His name is Jack and since our first trip there last year Addison calls the condo Jack's House. It is on the 15th floor and has a beautiful view but I have to admit I am not crazy about being that high up. We had a great trip and it was a wonderful break from work and all the "to do before the baby comes" list. Addison was not fond of the beach - she HATES the sand!! Most of our time was spent by the pool. She would play so hard in the pool that it would take her 5 minutes to fall asleep when we would go in for the evening. I am so thankful to Jack for letting us use his place - even though it was a short vacation it will always be special to me because it is the last time we will vacation as just a family of 3. Just as a side note we have finally agreed on a name for the baby- Carsyn Greer. We both liked Carsyn and thought it was a little different but not to far out there and Greer is my grandparents last name. Addison says it with such a southern accent and it is adorable!!!

2 comments:

robin said...

awww! It won't be the 3 of you for long! Glad you guys got to get away for a little bit! She looks adorable as usual in her cutie outfits. Love the one of her & Steve! And you are looking great!

-Robin

sarahjane said...

that's a really cute name...carsyn greer. i like it!