Monday, May 2, 2011

Remember Them



It has been a while since I have talked about what the girls have been up to.  So to get you back up to speed here it goes.  Addison is just as in love with Kindergarten  and her teacher as she always has been.  She has become so attached I am almost worried about the year coming to a close on May 19.  She is reading so well and most of the books she brings home are around the level of a early to mid year second grader.  One of her written stories was chosen to go to the Georgia Young Authors Competition.  The story will be competing against other stories form around the  state.  We are so proud of her and this accomplishment.  She is still loving gymnastics and I am amazed at the progress she has made.  At her second meet in Feb. she placed 2nd in two of her events and 3rd in the other two, and 2nd overall for her age category.  She did well at her March meet also but really killed it at her the State meet last weekend.  She got her first 9, 9.475, on beam and won first place for this.  She also got a 9.025 on floor and placed 6th on floor, and 4th on vault,  She was 8th overall out of 19 girls and her Level brought how the State title.  We were beyond proud of her and the team!    She really enjoys it and that is what I like best about it.  She is constantly flipping, bridge kickovering, levering, casting, and cartwheeling around the house.  She actually gets fussed at frequently for using the furniture as gymnastics equipment.  She is still very much a girly girl and is more than ready for some warm weather.  She is chomping at the bit to put on flip flops and shorts and play in the rays.  Her favorite things right now include the TV show Good Luck Charlie or Wizards of Waverly Place, music is Justin Bieber all the way, pink and purple are her colors , and if it has a peace sign on it or zebra print she wants it!  She is starting to care about her clothes and is mesmerized by the clothing store Justice.  The magazines come in the mail and she will circle things for her wish list.  They run a 40% off the entire store every so often and that is usually when we go and look but some of there things I still feel are a little to old for her.  She LOVES to read!! For the most part she reads to one of us and Carsyn at night instead of us reading to them.  She got her pallet expander out the first of Feb. and was SOOO excited to be able to chew gum.  We are going through gum like crazy around here b/c I am chewing to deal with the lack of snacking I get to do and I have let Carsyn chew it because she has learned not to swallow it.  The next step for Addy's poor little mouth is ti have her extra bottom tooth cut/pulled out.  We go to the oral surgeon on May 2 and I hope and pray they pick the tooth that has already started to break through.  She is doing much better about her limited food choices.  I have forced some things on her because I wanted her to give it an honest try before shutting it down and she has actually found that she likes a few things.  She is closing in on the last month of Kindergarten and this makes me so sad!  Her teachers are amazing and first grade has some very big shoes to fill.  They are testing her right now for the gifted program so we'll see what comes of that.  Her are a few pictures and videos of my mini me.




                                         
This was from around Halloween and I never got to share it.  I love, love how great Addison is with teaching her.  Carsyn will sit and listen to her for hours but whenever I try to do any instructional time I usually only get 5 minutes.

Who Hair for Dr. Seuss's birthday


Now for Carsyn - where do I begin. She talks constantly and is in the "What is that?" phase.  (I know the "Why" phase is just around the corner.  There are so many things she says and how she pronounces them that are so cute and funny and I try to get it on video but I can't keep up.  She loves to chew gum, eggs with cheese, cutting paper, wearing bracelets, and "lapstick". We have watched the last Shreck more times than I care to remember and now I think Tangled will be taking its place. She has entered the princess stage and talks about them all the time.  I don't think she has a favorite yet.  We hope to make it back to Disney during this phase because it was such an awesome trip when Addison was so taken by them.  She is fully potty trained, loves to have her toenails and fingernails polished, wants to wear her flip flops to bed, and knows the words to most of the Hannah Montana movie soundtrack and Easton Corbin. Her favorite color is, you guessed it- pink and because she will eat almost anything you put in front of her it is hard to say what her favorite food is.  She has somehow managed to make a routine of getting cookies before she goes to bed and if we give her one she will say "I want two" and hold up two fingers.  She knows most of her colors, does pretty well at saying the months of the year and can count to fifteen. She wants to do anything Addison is doing, will call anyone a "meanie" if things don't go her way, and loves to say "Hey watch this" bend over and kick one leg in the air and say "that was my handstand".  She doesn't meet a stranger and has such a spunky personality. She makes me laugh everyday and a lot of days challenges my patience.  She  will be the class clown, the one that goes against the grain, and the one that will see the best in everyone.  I really think with her it is going to be a journey like no other but  it will be amazing. 

Carsyn Reading to Steve


She was obsessed with the book Billy Goats Gruff and one night she got out of bed and got it and starting reading it.  She is saying Trip Trapp the go over the bridge and in the beginning of the video "talks" like a troll because when I read it I do the troll part in a different voice.  Ignore the music- she is such a light sleeper we play that to drown out any other noise we make.


Addison was being silly one night after their bath and this is what it turned into.


She knows her Disney Crew


Singing her songs


Still attempting to learn even when she isn't at school


Now that I have overloaded you with video I'll stop here.  It seems like I have so much video of Carsyn and not a lot of Addison.  I guess because Addison is in school and when she gets home I don't think about getting the camera out.  I guess now I need to get started on a post about Easter.  I'll leave that for a  few more days.

No comments: