Tuesday, March 2, 2010

These Girls











These girls have known me longer than anybody except my family. These are the girls that I don't get to see nearly enough. *Side note here one of "these girls" is missing form the picture. Her name or the one my Dad so lovingly gave her is Robinhood. Mother nature did not behave for her that weekend* these are the girls that I can go weeks or sometimes months without talking to and when we see each other again it is like we never were apart. These girls were there during show and tell, when I got my braces, graduated from high school , two of them were even my roommates in college, and they were all there the day I said I do, and help to decorate the nursery of my first born. I think often about these girls and wonder how many people have friends like them. How many can say they are still friends with the same girl that you would flip your hair at and ignore when you were mad at her in kindergarten. Or who can say that you still talk to the girl who told you in middle school that not even braces could keep her from eating and who still hangs out with the girl that traveled to another state with you so you could go to a beach flings prom. And lastly who still laughs with the same girl that had a fish jump down her bathing suite on you family vacation when you were like 13. If you know me you know that I had a HUGE and I mean huge group of girlfriends in high school. I think there were about 14 of us and we actually dubbed ourselves the Bridge Club-stupid I know but we were 15. Of course during the course of high school some became closer to others and even after high school some went on their own way but I have remained, what I would consider, fairly close to these 4 girls. Like everyone else life, kids, jobs, and living in different states have made it hard for us to all get together frequently. We were finally able to at least have dinner a few weekends ago and although Robin couldn't make it :( and Kerri had to cut the night short because she wasn't feeling well :( I had a great time. We talked about high school and babies and everything in between. I am crossing my fingers that next year we will be able to plan a whole weekend get together. ( Shelley will be birthin' a baby in April so this year is out.) Here's to hoping that everyone has someone that they consider "These Girls" Cheers!














1 comment:

Kerri Roberts said...

well ain't you sweet!