Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Every Now and Then

Every now and then I get this way- just a feeling of blah, feeling overwhelmed, feeling like nothing is going right. Maybe today it is becasue I am so fed up with not feeling well. It has been a month since my house was illness free. I can't breath through my nose, my head is killing me, and I am coughing so much that I am getting on my own nerves. I don't want to do anything but lay around and then I feel bad because I haven't been to the gym and the cycle keeps going. I am such a creature of habit and routine (this is how I try to stay on top of everything)that when things fall out of place and I get off I start to feel down in the dumps. I wish for once I could just let go and not worry about the laundry that needs to be folded - it will be there tomm right? Those dishes in the dishwasher aren't going anywhere and so what if I miss a few workouts- what is it going to hurt. And while I was having my pity party today I came across a little boy through friends of friends blogs that is fighting for his life and I feel like such a JERK!! Here I am complaining about stupid insignificant things and they are thankful that he made it into this world and praying that God will allow him to remain here. I have had a crap day but I know one thing is for sure it was meant for me stumble across this baby boy and his family. I needed to be reminded that really I have nothing to complain about. I will pick my girls up from day care and have dinner with my family, I will watch them play in the bath and put them to bed here at home not in some hospital. Yes I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and be grateful for what He has given me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you need to stop and smell the roses along the way. Life is to short to waste on housework all the time. Also we should thank God daily for all his blessings. I'll say special prayers for this little boy.
LU and sorry that you are not feeling well.