Sunday, January 18, 2009

So Big!

I can't believe my baby is 6 months old today! The last six months has flown by and no more is she the tiny-well she was never really tiny- little baby that was just there and only wanted to eat and sleep. Carsyn has mastered some major milestones lately. She started baby food the end of December- a little early but the bottle and breast weren't cuttin it anymore. She has had applesauce, bananas, squash , and we added sweet potatoes yesterday. She LOVES them all! Her first tooth broke through about two weeks ago and I felt the second one yesterday. They have made her a little irritable but nothing that isn't manageable with some teething tablets and Tylenol. She can sit up with out support and has found her feet. This combined with rolling over makes it almost impossible to change her diaper. We were feeding her in her Bumbo sit but she moves around so much and bows her back that we have put her in the hair chair. She likes to be up at our level and it makes feeding her a lot easier and not near as messy. She babbles as much as Addison talks and between the two Steve and I have to try hard to have a conversation. She can hold her on bottle but usually doesn't want to. I guess she wants us to still feel needed! We are3 looking forward to what the next six months bring. They change so fast that I am just taking pictures like crazy and trying to soak it all in. I often wonder at what point will my kids tell me to PUT THE CAMERA DOWN!!! Addison already will protest when I ask for a picture or give me that "I am so sick of smiling" smile Anyway- enjoy the slide show of Carsyn over the last month and we hope everyone has had a great start in 2009.

No comments: